What can you do to help?
I’m raising a total of US$150,000, starting with $10,000 of
my own money to seed the fund. In
addition, I’ll be donating 5 months of my own unpaid time to direct the
project. But I can’t do it all on my own. Please help me in the following 3 ways:
1. Make a donation! Here is what your gift will provide:
- $4,200 will build an entire home to accommodate a family of up to 6 people
- $1,000 is enough to construct a kitchen with a sink, oven, and stove
- $500 outfits a bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower
- $100 supplies a complete roof to keep out the torrential tropical rains
- $50 purchases a large window to keep out flies and disease
- $20 hires a skilled electrician and plumber for the day
Your generous donation will go directly to Habitat for Humanity, which has created a special account for this project. 100% of your gift will go toward paying for building supplies and skilled labor. Your contribution is 100% tax-deductible and you will receive an official IRS receipt directly from Habitat for Humanity.
You can also mail a physical check to:
Habitat for Humanity International
c/o Tim Daugherty & HelpDaveChangeLives.org
121 Habitat Street
Americus, GA 31709
If you mail a physical check please email me and let me know ahead of time since I'm keeping a close audit on the funds!
2. Please forward this url: www.HelpDaveChangeLives.org to all your friends, family, and colleagues helping me cast a wide net to find those looking for a worthy cause to which to donate.
3. Add your email and click "go" at the upper right so you can receive my regular updates with pictures and stories about my experience. Also please add comments if you feel like it!